The Bankruptcy Code describes several different types of bankruptcy proceedings.
- Chapter 7: Liquidation
- Chapter 9: Municipalities
- Chapter 11: Reorganization (businesses and personal)
- Chapter 12: Adjustment of Debts of a Family Farmer or Fisherman with Regular Income
- Chapter 13: Adjustment of Debts of an Individual with Regular Income
- Chapter 15: Ancillary and Cross-Border Cases
Each type of bankruptcy has different rules and requirements. For more information about the different types of bankruptcies, please click on the links above, or contact us.